Room Makeover.....DIY Project

I have been looking for things to do with my free time back here...and I figured why not do a little makeover for my room? So I decided to move into the master bedroom, but before that I need to prep up the place. Since my aunt is here on a holiday, might as well ask for her expert advice on snazzing up the place. She's an interior designer in Singapore. And it's free! LOL.

Was shopping at IKEA yesterday with my aunt, mom and randi. Picked up some stuff to spruce up the room. New lights, some shelves and little of this and that. Found a nice carpet that fits perfectly to cover the huge empty floor...didn't know that big piece of rug like that will set me back a few hundred bucks. But I guess it's an investment.

Bought a few cans of paint from Boon Seng. I let my aunt decide what color would best match the furniture. I am quite bad with color and tend to pick the weirdest combination. LOL. Will need to do some rewiring and patching up cracks on the walls before painting. Gonna be busy this week, hopefully can be done before I leave for my next rotation.

Since I'm gonna be doing everything myself....I hope all will turn out well. Will post some pics of the progress here. Tune in!

0 comments: