Lou Sang at Home

Been a fun and exciting Chinese New Year so far...best bit is that I am back for it and get to spend time with my family. And also to have friends is a great bonus. This year the annual "Lou Sang" is held at home...the first one I had was in Anderson's house with a bunch of friends. It was like battle of the chopsticks....it was all over the place.

Last Sunday, my mom whipped up a great lunch and I had some of my college buddies over and of course another round of Lou Sang. This time I bought it from a vegetarian restaurant and the salmon are from Jusco. Huge and fresh. Everyone brought their partners and we all crammed into the table. Crap...need the card reader to upload the video from my camera.

Did you know that "Lou Sang" is originated from Malaysia? Alot of people would've thought that it might be originated from China or Hong Kong but nope...it was a home bred culture.

And tonight is the Hokkien's Lunar New Year.....there's gonna be tons of fireworks later. Be sure to keep both eyes out for a great show.

0 comments: