Hi from the land of Honking!

The title speaks for itself....literally....in Islamabad, people just love their car horns. They honk their horns at the slightest movement. LOL. I mean everything. In a 10 minutes car ride...one could hear hundreds of honks.

I have been here for 5 days and things are good. Unsafe? Don't believe everything you see or read in the news. I am practically living in a mansion. My room is practically a master bedroom, we have 5 butlers waiting on us....thirsty? they will bring a glass on a tray. Feel a bit awkward since I have never been served like that before. But this I can get use to....Haha. My toilet has 2 "jamban"...now that is just weird. If you can't squat, you can just hop over to the next one.

It is a blessing that I get to work with a few other Indonesian expats, feels like home since we can speak Bahasa. At least now I can brush up on my Bahasa and maybe some Indonesian. LOL.

Food here is not at all bad, just like asian food.....rice, curry chicken and stuff. Will post some pictures. Last night we went up to a place called Margalla Hills, there's a nice restaurant....Monal....the restaurant overlooks Islamabad. Cool air. Food there is fantastic....awesome kebab. There were 8 of us and it only cost Rs 4800....which is about RM 240. Cheap! We even had Shisha. Wish can eat there every night.

It is weird that they have power blackouts 4 times a day. It happens at 5am, 1PM, 5PM and 9PM....like clockwork. I guess the government is trying to conserve energy by allocating it to other districts or sectors. Each blackouts lasts only an hour. Our staff house will get a power generator soon. Oh...and even for Pakistan it has kick a** broadband speed. But you gotta pay a hefty connection fee.

Too many experiences to write and elaborate. Will go in detail when I'm free...for now...I am here to work my butt off.

0 comments: