Trigger Happy

Ever played Counter-Strike or watch any movie that has gun action scenes? If you were like me, I believe most of you are....you would love to get your grubby hands on a gun and go at it like a John Woo movie. Blasting through dozens of goons without a scratch on you. Well, today I have experience first hand on discharging a real firearm...with live ammunition. Thanks to Eric and his friend, I got invited to our local firing range.


There were a few choices of small handguns to pick from, so we went for the medium .38 caliber Taurus Revolver, which is a six-shot revolver....which looks like the gun commonly seen in cowboy movies and policemen on the beat. Got us a box of 50 bullets and off we go to the firing range. Oh...and the ever important Ear Muffs for those delicate ear drums.












We stapled 4 white paper targets on boards some 10meters away. Uncle Policeman gives me some few safety pointers while he loads the revolver. Taking turns to fire the pistol, I was 3rd in line. My turn came and I was kinda excited, spread my feet apart for stability, placed a firm grip around with both hands....I pulled the hammer back until it *clicked*......set my eyes dead center of the target through sights.....held my breath.....and pulled the trigger....and....BANG!!
Man! It was exhilarating, the recoil wasn't that bad....just a little snap back. The gunshot was more like a firecracker going off near you....a big firecracker. First shot hit the center circle of the target....i'm a natural! Ahem...!








After emptying the chambers into the paper targets, took off my ear-muff and instantly my ear drums were shattered by a loud bang. It came from another handgun being discharged by another fellow member, he was using a 9mm Glock 19. I wandered over to his table and ogled at the handgun, after some small talk. He offered me to take a shot with the Glock. That was so cool!

















At first glance, the Glock looks kinda fake....with it's lower part plastic and it's upper metal. It fits perfectly in my hands, like a glove. With the magazine loaded, I pulled the Breech back to load it....just like the movies! Took aim and BANG! The recoil was much harder, kicking my hand back. The gun spits out the empty casing after the bullet took off. Whap! Hit the target dead center again! Now that is what I call a real gun.


With 50 bullets all spent and paper targets peppered with bullet holes....we left with only the ringing in our ears as a souvenir. And I am definitely coming back for the bigger guns! Guns Akimbo!

0 comments: